· Pinto bean is the highest with 2.67 pounds per capita.
· Navy bean is number two with .9 pounds per capita.
· Total for all beans is 6.36 pounds.
· Mexico is Michigan's largest export market, largely made up of but not limited to high quality, Michigan black beans.
· England, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal make up the bulk of Michigan's dry bean exports.
· Michigan's dry bean production is also exported to many other regions including Europe, Latin America, Central America, Caribbean, South America, Middle East and Asia.
· 1 cup of dry navy beans=3 cups cooked
· 1 pound (2 cups) dry navy beans=6 cups cooked
· 1 pound cooked beans will serve 6-8 people
· 1 serving of cooked beans=3/4 of 1 cup
Learn more about
Take the Tour